Phase 1. Getting started
- We explain the mediation process.
- We clarify expectations for mediators and clients.
- We discuss your immediate and main concerns.
- We answer your questions.
Phase 2. For couples with children only: Creating a Parenting Plan
- We address how to talk with your children about the divorce.
- We discuss parent-child visitation schedules and custody.
- We help you negotiate a comprehensive parenting plan.
- We discuss child support.
Phase 3. Finances
- We suggest ways to gather your financial information.
- We help you talk about financial issues.
- We guide you in negotiating spousal support and the division of your property.
Phase 4. Putting together an agreement
- We draft an agreement for you and your partner to review and discuss.
- We make any necessary revisions.
- We prepare a final agreement.
Each phase usually takes several sessions. All sessions last 1 hour.
We encourage couples to consult experts in accounting, taxes, and financial planning during the mediation process.